Welcome to Dogwoods & Dandelions. I am so happy you are here! These Policies were last updated 01/21/2019.
I welcome your comments and friendly discussion. It is ok to disagree but please keep all comments family friendly. This means no vulgar or obscene language. Rude and mean-spirited comments will not be allowed. Comments will be deleted if deemed inappropriate.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Some of my links may be affiliate links. This means I may make a small profit if you click on a link in a post. It does not change the cost to you. I may occasionally accept compensation for a sponsored post. This will be clearly stated up front. My goal is to blog with honor and integrity so I will never recommend something that I don’t truly love.
There may also be advertisements on my site through third-party companies. I do not always have control over what is being advertised. The third-party advertisers may serve content and advertisements, collect information directly from you, and place or recognize cookies on your browsers.
Dogwoods & Dandelions is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Please keep in mind that to support my blog, I need to make some money. Blogging takes time and if I am going to take time away from my family to maintain this site, it needs to be worth my while. Thank you for your support and understanding.
On Dogwoods & Dandelions (D&D), you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. Any newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, D&D may see if and when you open an email. D&D may also see which links within the email you click and use this information to send future newsletters. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
I love it when you share on various social media networks. You are also allowed to use one image and up to two lines of text from my blog as long as you provide a direct link back to my site. You may not copy full recipes unless you rewrite the instructions in your own words. Thanks for respecting my hard work.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
I will never share or sell your email address. That would be unethical (and uncool)!
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, gender, date of birth, photo, payment information (such as your credit or debit card and billing address), preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide. If you provide an email address to invite a friend to participate in the Services, we will collect that email address and use it to send your friend such an invitation.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site; we may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
Use of Information We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
• Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by D&D and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
• Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
• When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of D&D or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features: The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Security: D&D takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Information about SkimLinks
Skimlinks offers a service to Publishers to help them earn an income and gain insights from their commerce-related content. The service works by creating/tagging links within content that a User is reading which, if clicked, takes the User to a Merchant website where the products and/or services can be purchased. If the User then buys something as a result of clicking on these links, the Publisher is paid a referral fee by the Merchant through Skimlinks. This referral fee does not come out of Users’ pockets, nor does it affect the price Users pay or the experience Users have on the Merchant’s site.
Skimlinks also offers Merchants and Advertisers a service that helps them to better understand and target Users’ behaviours, and to identify and work more effectively with Publishers and third parties on marketing campaigns.
What information does Skimlinks collect about Users through its technology and how does it use this information?
- We store Users’ IP addresses, from which we can determine a User’s approximate geographical location (e.g. country or region). We need this information to optimize the links that are created/monetized to suit the geography of the User, and to provide aggregate reporting to Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers on the location of users visiting Skimlinks Enabled Sites. We also use IP addresses as part of our efforts to reduce fraud and identify non-human browsing patterns.
- We store information about the device that a User uses to access sites within our Publisher network, such as the browser type, browser version, and type of device. This helps us ensure we can diagnose and fix browser compatibility issues more swiftly, optimize our service to suit the preferred browsing environments, and provide aggregate reporting to Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers.
- We store non-identifiable information, using cookies and device identifiers, about the websites within our Publisher network that Users visit, which of our links Users click on, and whether Users make a purchase. This enables us to provide Users with relevant and useful links and advertising to products and/or services in which they are likely to be interested, and to Merchants and Advertisers from whom they are likely to want to buy. Further information regarding the cookies we utilise to collect this information can be found here
- As part of the information available in standard web serving logs, we also store information about the referrer, i.e. the website page from which the User linked to the Skimlinks Enabled Site.
- To provide Publishers and Merchants with the Service, we collect information on visits and sales on Skimlinks Enabled Sites, including but not limited to order value, products bought, and order identifiers. These are used to help Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers make better marketing and content creation decisions.
- At no time do we know who a User is, nor do we make any attempt to try and identify a User.
How can I disable Skimlinks cookies?
If you no longer want Skimlinks to store data about the websites you visit, the links you click and the Merchants you buy from, you can simply opt-out here This will mean Skimlinks will not drop Skimlinks cookies when you browse websites in our Publisher or Merchant network.
Please note: This opt-out facility relies on a cookie being set on your browser. By visiting the link above, you acknowledge that we will be setting and maintaining the cookie on your browser in order to recognize you as an opted-out visitor. You must opt-out again if you clear that cookie from your browser (see allaboutcookies.org for more information), use a different internet browser, or use a different computer to access the internet.
U.S. visitors can understand more about cookies and their choices at these websites:
EU/EEA visitors can understand more about cookies and their choices at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
If you opt-out of Skimlinks cookies, Skimlinks will still operate on pages that you visit, and still create monetizable links in content if the Publisher has chosen to install Skimlinks on its website. We just won’t optimize these links based on your preferences and behaviors, nor will we associate the websites you visit and shop from to a specific cookie.
In order for referral fees and commissions to be paid by Merchants to Publishers, Skimlinks works with affiliate networks and other ad networks that manage the relationships between Skimlinks and the Merchants. As set out above, Users who receive Skimlinks cookies are also assigned a unique identifier number.
When a User clicks on a link created by a Tool, Skimlinks attaches the User’s unique identifier number so it passes to the appropriate affiliate network for the purpose of tracking whether that User makes a purchase on the Merchant website they visit. Note that at no time do we pass any Personal Information, nor make any attempt to determine the actual identity of an individual User; all information is completely anonymous and used only for the purposes of optimizing the service provided to the User. The affiliate and ad networks that work with Skimlinks also use their own cookies in order to track if a sale has occurred, as most of these parties will only pay Publishers when a referral has been successful, i.e. a sale was completed. We do not have control over or access to these cookies and they are dropped by the affiliate and ad networks via our Skimlinks Enabled Sites.
We retain Personal Information we collect from you for up to three years. After that we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
What is my opt-out status in respect of Skimlinks technology?
You can find out your current opt-out status or consent status, and can also opt-out or opt-in again, by clicking here
You may review, correct or modify information maintained in your online account at any time by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that some information you provide through the Services may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the Services) and that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
By using this website, you agree to hold harmless Dogwoods & Dandelions and anyone that posts on this site against any cost, liability, or expense incurred as a result of information on this website. Dogwoods & Dandelions is not liable for comments made by third parties. You agree that you are responsible for any risk or injury you sustain from any projects you make from this website. Furthermore, you agree to hold harmless Dogwoods & Dandelions and its writers for any product you purchase as a result of viewing this website. You also agree that by viewing this website, you are over the age of 18.